What is not to love about these pastries that make the perfect spring dessert? Save this recipe as once you have tried these delicate and tasty treats you will come back for more!
• 5 loquats San Antonio
• 490 g puff pastry
• 30 g sugar
• 50 g almonds
• 50 g unsalted butter, soft
• plain flour, for dusting
• 1 medium egg, beaten
• 30 g loquat jam, mixed with 1 tsp hot water, for glazing
• flake almonds for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Half and destone the loquats.
3. Place sugar and almonds in a food processor then grind.
4. Add butter and mix. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled pastry out to a square. Cut into 10 squares then transfer to prepared trays, 3 cm apart.
6. Place 1 tsp reserved almond mixture in centre of each pastry square. Make a cut from each corner into centre then fold alternate corners into centre and press down gently. Brush pastry with beaten egg then top each with a loquat half.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes (180°C) until puffed and golden.
8. While still hot, brush loquats halves with loquat glaze then leave to cool before serving.
9. Decorate with some almond’s flakes.